|“||She is a brilliant chess player.||”|
— Fabian Rutter about Joy Mercer
|Shipped Characters:||Joy Mercer and Fabian Rutter|
|Length of Relationship:||Pre-Season 1 to Present (Friendship)|
|Status:|| Former Crush|
|Other Pairing Names:|| Foy|
Click to View the Jabian Gallery, Fanfictions, Videos and Society pages.
- Joy trips into Fabian's lap. Fabian seems fine with this, but tells her to be careful. Joy then sits up and shoves Fabian's leg off of her. Fabian just smiles at her.
- Joy looks at Fabian's book. Fabian tells her that just because it doesn't have 'Robert Pattinson' on the cover doesn't mean it isn't worth reading. Joy just grins at him.
- As Nina is driving by in the cab, you can see Fabian handing his jacket to Joy and after Nina ran away you can see Fabian looks at her in a curious look.
- Fabian is walking with them when she and Patricia make plans for later on that night.
- When Joy sees Fabian through the computer screen, she smiles happily at him.
- Joy calls Fabian 'Fabes' when she greets him through the computer.
- Patricia tells Fabian that he could trust Joy. She also says that they were really close before she left but Fabian said that they had never been too close.
- Patricia tells Fabian about her getting Joy's number.
- Fabian was going to say something but Patricia also says that she won't give Fabian her number for safety reasons.
- In the deleted scene, which is accessed by completing the "The Secrets Within" game, Patricia asks Joy, "You still like him, don't you?" and Joy replies with, "Yeah..." and then she says, "You know, that Nina girl better watch out next term." However, she said the last part somewhat jokingly.
- Joy complains that Nina has taken everything from her. e.g. Fabian, her friends, her room, but Patricia tells her that she and Fabian had never gone out so Nina didn't steal Fabian.
- Nina and Joy both disagree about which picture Fabian looked best in, eventually forcing Patricia to intervene.
- Fabian and Joy both volunteer to help with the bid but actually Fabian wanted Nina to be with him in the bid.
- Joy asks Fabian if he'd like to go on a walk with her to the school. Fabian wants to say he's going with Nina but he tells Joy yes.
- Joy wonders why Fabian likes Nina.
- She says she likes him even more now that he's taken.
- Joy decides that she and Fabian are soon going to have a lot in common.
- She makes herself have a lot of common with Fabian.
- Joy looks at Fabian and smiles and says, "We make a great team, don't we, Fabes? We have a lot in common."
- Fabian asks Joy if she thinks he's a pushover. Joy says that he isn't and smiles.
- Joy tells Fabian that he can always practice his chat skills with her.
- She looks disappointed when he walked away.
- Fabian turns and smiles at Joy whens she suggests the movie.
- Joy tried to get Nina out of the bidding team, but it doesn't work.
- Joy looked jealous of Fabian's grin at Nina.
- Both Amber and Nina notice that Joy likes Fabian.
- Joy and Fabian walk into the room with Joy recording Fabian.
- Fabian is laughing with Joy.
- Joy says she and Fabian have lots in common now.
- Joy asks Fabian if he wants to listen to the CD with her.
- Fabian says sure to Joy's question.
- Joy says it's a date, and Fabian said that it isn't a date.
- Joy tries to get Fabian to like the slow music.
- Joy fakes a cramp and Fabian grabs her ankle to help her out.
- Patricia walks in and Fabian starts freaking out and throws Joy's foot off his lap.
- They both look at each other when Patricia walks in.
- Joy looks upset when Patricia walks in on them.
- When Joy finds out Fabian and Nina break up, Joy says "There's hope for Jabian yet" with a smile.
- Joy mistakes Fabian's poem for her, when it's supposed to be for Nina.
- She looked at him with a smile after reading the poem and had the courage to do the speech.
- After winning the bid, Joy hugs Fabian.
- She thanks him for the poem quietly, and Fabian looks a little confused but smiles.
- Nina looked jealous when Joy hugged Fabian.
- Joy was obviously hurt by Nina's cover story, saying that Fabian had been sending her texts telling Nina how much he still loves her.
- Joy isn't happy when Nina and Fabian talk about their "text messages."
- She then continues to call it classy, as she is confused whether Fabian really likes her or still likes Nina.
- Joy asks Patricia about Fabian and Nina.
- Patricia responds that they're probably kissing and making up.
- Joy gives her a look, and Patricia changes her answer by saying that they're probably doing homework.
- Joy asks Mrs. Andrews if she can pick her study buddy, already having Fabian in mind.
- Joy is confused by Fabian's mixed signals towards her and Nina.
- Joy asks Patricia to talk to Fabian about his feelings for her.
- After breakfast, Joy asks Fabian if they want to do some "study-buddy time", but he declines it.
- She then persists that he should go to the movies with her since he seems so down.
- He declines this request also.
- Joy also asks him if he and Nina are officially "over".
- He replies that it seems that way in a sad face, and she is obviously happy about this.
- As he leaves, Joy calls after him about a rain check.
- Joy is staring intently at Fabian when Mr. Sweet asks her to find someone to help her organize the Masked Ball.
- Joy rushes, interrupting Nina and Fabian's argument, and asks him to help her organize the ball. He agrees.
- She then asks him herself about the mixed signals, mentioning the poem in the process.
- Fabian then tells her that it wasn't meant for her.
- Joy seems sad about this, and begins to presume it was for Nina.
- In order not to hurt her feelings, Fabian says it was an assignment for Mrs. Andrews.
- Joy seems relieved when he said that.
- Joy attempts to attract Fabian's attention to make Nina jealous.
- Joy takes Nina's mask to deceive Fabian.
- Joy (as Nina) and Fabian kiss.
- Fabian ran away to find that Nina saw the kiss.
- Joy thinks that Fabian likes her back, but she was wrong: after she kissed him, he ran away after Nina trying to convince her that he thought it was her and not Joy.
- Fabian didn't know that Joy was pretending to be Nina.
- Joy won't apologize for kissing Fabian.
- She tells Nina that she is not a boyfriend stealer, and if Fabina reconciled, she would prevent Fabian from trying to make Jabian.
- Nina tells Joy that Fabian is a free agent.
- Joy apologizes for kissing Fabian.
- She says she likes him.
- Joy asks Fabian out.
- Fabian says "maybe" although he didn't want to go out with her.
- Amber tries to help Fabian stay away from Joy.
- Joy talks to Fabian while doing chores and Fabian tries to ignore her.
- Joy gets hurt and Fabian helps her.
- Fabian says that he likes to save it for the last minute
"to make it more heroic."
- Joy calls him "Hero Boy" and puts a cape around him.
- Joy waves at Fabian and smiles.
- Fabian says that he's going to go after Joy and tell her that he still has feelings for Nina.
- He goes over and tells her that he likes her and then accidentally makes a date with her to go to the movies.
- Fabian and Joy go see a movie even though Fabian said it's not a movie date.
- Fabian says it's not a date movie.
- The movie is 3 hrs long which Joy likes because she can spend more time with Fabian.
- She tries holding his hand but fails because he moves it to get popcorn.
- She tries to put her arm around him but falls.
- Joy plans another movie date with Fabian even though Fabian doesn't want to go.
- When Fabian forgets about the movie, she looks hurt.
- When Fabian calls Joy Pam, she runs out of the classroom and cries.
- She says her crush on Fabian is over and it's time to bring back some joy into her life.
- Joy tries to help Fabian find the mosaic.
- Fabian said he could never forget Joy because she is his friend.
- Joy and Fabian play the mind game together to try and figure out where Joy had seen the mosaic, which was at the library.
- They both laugh when Fabian says Bunny during the mind game and Joy replies Bunsy Buns, her toy rabbit.
- Joy said Fabian was amazing.
- According to this episode, the two have been friends the longest. As in, Joy and Fabian knew each other before they knew their other friends.
- They both hug.
- Fabian says he could not get the mosaic with Joy so close.
- Joy tells Fabian that if he wants her not to publish the article about Senkhara, he needs to kiss her.
- Fabian is about to kiss Joy, but he can't and he tells Joy that he still loves Nina and even if they won't get back together, he won't get over her.
- Joy publishes a mean article about Nina.
- Fabian defends Joy and tells the Sibunas that Joy would never do such a thing.
- Fabian finds out that Joy is the one who wrote the mean article about Nina and tells Joy that she is not the girl he use to know and that it is a very horrible thing to do.
- Joy tries to talk to Fabian about the article she posted about Nina, but Fabian doesn't want to hear her explanations and doesn't want to talk to her anymore.
- Fabian tries to convince the rest of Sibuna to let Joy help them out with winning the game because Joy is good at chess.
- Fabian tells Joy he needs her help so he can save Nina without telling the rest of the Sibuna members.
- Joy joins Sibuna because Fabian asked her because he want to save Nina.
- Fabian gets mad at Amber for being rude to Joy when she's trying to help.
- Fabian disagrees with Joy when she tells Amber to take a dangerous step in the game.
- They are both shocked when Patricia and Amber get sucked down the hole.
- Fabian suggest taking a dangerous step; he tells her that she can do this, but she thinks she`s wrong.
- Fabian tells her that she gotten all this way and she`s good at this so she smiles.
- Joy tells him where to walk when he starts walking; she gets scared and runs to him trying to stop him.
- Joy was about to cry when Fabian moved and yelled his name.
- They hug and smile at each other when the statues go down.
- He agrees that he was being a coward; Joy says he was brave, but he was talking about their relationship and Joy tells him that she missed her opportunity window and suggest they will be just friends and he agreed.
- Fabian and Joy find Nina, Patricia, Amber and Alfie and Fabian tells Nina that Joy helped him to finish the game.
- Fabian said Joy was amazing.
- Fabian is happy when Joy and Nina become friends.
- Fabian congratulated Joy when she got 3rd place in the Blogger of the Year competition and seemed upset for her when Mara won the Blogger of the Year competition.
- When Nina throws the bolt at Fabian, Joy steps in front of him.
- Fabian cries out that he can't find a pulse when he checks for one.
- He lays down next to her and looks worried.
- He looks relieved when she is saved.
- They dance together at the party.
- Joy and Fabian hug when they arrive at the house.
- Fabian keeps looking at her when she brings Sibuna together to talk.
- Joy is worried about Fabian while he's worrying about what happened to Nina.
- Joy tries to get him to calm down during Amber's party.
- When Joy sees Fabian on Nina's bed, after Amber reads him the letter, she looks concerned and asks if he's okay.
- Joy gets the rest of the girls together to help take care of Fabian.
- Joy tries to get Patricia to pour Fabian juice.
- She continuously tries to get Fabian to join the mystery, but Fabian repeatedly keeps on saying, "There is no Sibuna without Nina".
- Joy offers to help Fabian with the Hieroglyphs.
- They sit next to each other at breakfast.
- They both cover themselves (Joy with a cereal box and Fabian with a peanut butter jar) when Patricia walks up to KT with juice.
- They are both shocked when Patricia throws orange juice on KT and also when KT throws porridge on Patricia.
- Joy admits she still has a crush on Fabian.
- She makes Fabian a peanut butter sandwich, which is his favorite kind of sandwich.
- Joy almost asks Fabian out.
- Joy asks Fabian to be her partner for the business project.
- Fabian agrees to be her partner for the business project.
- He tells her that he misses the times they spent together.
- Joy bumps him playfully with her shoulder and he does it back.
- Joy tries to tell Fabian that she likes him, but she doesn't get to finish her sentence becaus Fabian stopped her and told her that he likes watching the stars because he just thinks that Nina sees them in America.
- Joy keeps trying to help him with the hieroglyphics.
- She points out that the same symbol appears over and over on the hieroglyphics and Fabian says that she's right.
- Joy asks Fabian if they want to become more than friends.
- Fabian rejects her, but when Joy leaves he asks if she's okay.
- Joy says it was silly and runs off in tears.
- Fabian asks if she is okay.
- Joy quits Sibuna because she's so heartbroken about Fabian.
- Joy smiles when Fabian talks to Mr. Millington.
- They win the business competition.
- Mr. Millington says they make perfect partners.
- Fabian gives Joy the laptop they win.
- Joy is sad when Fabian leaves.
- Fabian compliments Joy's Amber look.
- Fabian tells her that it suits her.
- After he leaves she asks how she did and if she 'played it cool,' meaning she was still worried about his opinion.
- When Patricia tells Joy that just because Fabian is around doesn't mean she can't come back to Sibuna, Joy quickly remarks that she doesn't want to come back, showing she still probably isn't ready to be around Fabian again.
- Joy and Fabian were standing next to each other in the gym.
- Fabian handed the ball to Joy and smirked at her when Eddie said he had a special job for him.
- Joy sat behind Fabian.
- They kept talking to each other during the game.
- She stands up for him.
- Joy was the first to hug Fabian after he won the game.
- Fabian asks Joy if he can borrow Letdown and she lets him.
- Joy is angry at Fabian (and at the others) when she finds out Victor caught him with Letdown and took him away.
- Fabian had to do his play audition with Joy.
- They had to act like total strangers who had met in the rain.
- He was very awkward about it.
- Joy seemed awkward about it as well.
- Mara pushed them closer together.
- Fabian says Sibuna has to ask Joy about the song.
- Joy helps Fabian.
- Fabian thanks Joy for helping with Willow's family tree.
- Joy looks at Fabian (and Alfie) when she tells Willow that they're related.
- When Fabian says he doesn't have a reputation, Joy calls him Fabes and he raises his hand.
- Joy asks for Fabian's advice when crying.
- He tells her he is sorry and they hug.
- Joy looks hurt and cries when Fabian the sinner tells her that everyone despises her, and that she's lucky anyone was stupid enough to date her.
- Joy tells Alfie what Fabian said to her.
- Joy said Fabian was like "a completely different person".
- She is heartbroken because she says Fabian is nice to everyone but her.
- This may hint that Joy still has some feelings for Fabian, after liking him for so long, even though she is now dating Jerome Clarke.
- Joy asked Jerome since when Fabian became such a sore loser.
- They kissed once, by accident, as Joy pretended to be Nina (they were wearing the same dress and Joy had Nina's mask on, so Fabian thought she was Nina).
- In House of Combinations / House of Heartbreak, Joy refers to her and Fabian as Jabian.
- Joy and Nina often fight about Fabian.
- Brad said in the Friday Download on Season 3 about Jabian, "Yes, no, or maybe. I don't want to give too much away. There's a little bit of...a little bit of interest there."
- Klariza also said that Joy thinks Fabian is the one, and that Joy is very determined, that is until Jerome and Joy start to date.
- In a photo of the cast for The Touchstone of Ra, Joy and Fabian are sitting close to each other and his hand is close to her knee.
- Joy and Fabian aren't so close to each other since Fabian rejected her (very rudely too) and they began to drift apart.
- They have stayed on good terms, but aren't talking with each other so much. During season three , they didn't have many scenes.
- This friendship has many shippers, but they aren't going to be together and will remain friends.
- This was the first friendship that did show some kind of romantic interest for each other.
- It was rumoured that they dated before season 1, but was never official. Most likely it was a crush on both side, but never lead to them dating.
- They were both captured by Frobisher (though Fabian was an official sinner)
- In a deleted scene only seen if you finish the "Secrets within" game Joy says Nina better watch her back next term after Patricia asks her if she still likes Fabian after she sees Joy starring at him
- On the connections page, it says that Joy's only goal is to win Fabian's heart.
- It also indicates that she wants to break up Fabina and date Fabian.
- In the updated connections page, It says Joy may have something else planned about Fabian
- In Uncover the Secrets 3, when the narrator said "A waft of romance" it showed Joy and Fabian on the couch.
- On the Joy character page it phrases: "Joy is back this term and she's got just one goal: getting Fabian back. Who cares if Fabes and Nina were something of an item last year? She's determined to win him over at whatever cost. Watch out Nina -- You have some serious competition."
- On Uncover the Clues Part 6, it says Joy may be a better match for Fabian, although he likes Nina and wants to be with her.
- Nick posted six pictures of them together in the photo album "Cute Couples of Anubis". One of the captions for the photos said that Jabian works better together than peanut butter and jelly, and another said that maybe Jabian will be the new hot couple at Anubis House.